Monday, April 5, 2010

Running. Girls. Falafels.

Beginning my third week of running and well, lets just say I didn't do any running. My shins are shot. For the time being....the man told me I need to run on the track. So, I still burned my goal of calories but did like 5 machines to get there. The first fitting is 3 weeks away-wedding is 3 1/2 months away. How times flies....

We had a girls night on Saturday and it was so much fun. I felt safe and that I was truly friends with them. We made, Rachel actually made it, an awesome dinner! Falafel....mmmmm, it was amazing. We then chatted and drank too much wine and watched Food Inc. I highly recommend that movie to everyone. And not for the fact that it will gross you out or make you not want to eat meat. It simply just opens your eyes to the way our food is made, where it comes from and how it affects your health and the economy. In short, I was shocked. It was very informational and I am so glad I watched it. It made me wonder "Where do we go from here?" We can go backwards. And honestly that seems to be the only place we can go to make this situation a better one. If everyone can just do their part; it would make it better.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you took so much from our girls night! I feel just the same, true friends. The movie was very interesting...where do we go from here? Let's buy our own land to raise our families on and learn how to live off of a farm. We could make it happen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! I am saving every penny and we could so do it. I can see it now :) Kimball's and Marks': Sustainable life!

    ReplyDelete