Thursday, March 11, 2010

Peaks&Valleys


These last few months, basically all of 2010, has been in a valley. Or at least that is what it feels like. I received an apology recently that was quite surprising and I was expecting it to bring more relief that it did. Expectations. Expectations take so much out of life. Of course there are expectations that come with certain aspects of a relationship or friendship but when they go beyond that...you are usually going to be let down. Being let down isn't such a bad thing. I think it teaches us to stop wanting wanting wanting. And to just let life take the lead. I am always trying to plan and make the situation go the way I want it. Ok ok, control. I hate that word and I hate being associated with it but its true. I give.

My goal for today, the rest of this week, is to just let go of the expectations I have of people. Friends, family, people I don't even know. Revel in the things that really matter. My life is pretty great. I am going to start by dropping off food at the Prado Day Center. I need a little give in my life :)

Have a good day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment